Sunday, March 22, 2009

Charity Sewing


  Yesterday was National Quilt Day and the quilt club has a charity sew. This year was Autograph Bears for the Camp Bearable/Hospice.  They are the cutes bears and it was a lot of fun watching others sew the bears.  Well I hear the question, "Watching the others, didnt you sew a bear?"  Glad you ask, NO I did not sew a bear, I can sew quilts, with good directions. But these bears look very hard, so I just became the un-sewer, and curve snipper.  I stayed busy and didn't put a stitch in anything. 

  Then I was highjacked and taken to a couple of quilt shops. Where I picked up a few projects that I can not live without. and again I laughed and talked until I just about lost my voice.  I had to really control myself today to not go back to the 2nd quilt shop and buy the hook rug things so I could start a new craft.  Partly because I really want to learn how and mostly because I needed to clean my sewing room and need to get out of the house before it became the job of the day.  So my sewing room is clean and I ordered the rug hooking kit from online and can just wait till next week when it arrives. I started on the room before church and it continued after right up until just a few minutes ago when i put the sweeper away. I am so happy that it is clean again. My husband ask when I got the new closet...no new closet just you can open the door with every thing falling on you.
  Well thats about all from here. I think I will work on my Chop Suey quilt tomorrow I would like to get that done this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment