Monday, March 30, 2009

Another week down

I cant believe how fast this week has gone. I spent the week getting fabric cut for my Foolish Goose Tracks BOM. This pattern is from Burning the Midnight Oil, we have three parts so far and I have started piecing part one.
We had a great class at Fabric Crafts on Saturday, the apron class was a bunch of fun, I finished applique on the 12 aprons with plenty more to go, so I am going to make a list of things on the burner so nothing gets scorched. I am going to need a snow day/week to get all things in motion, finished.
I went with Rose to Meadow View Growers on Tuesday and bought 125 perennials but I did not put them out yet as the weather turned at the end of the week, this morning its only 32 degrees. I want to make a flower bed by the garage, thats one I will be able to see from my sewing room. I want a water fountain in it so I can hear the soothing sounds.
I found a local teacher for the primitive rug hooking. I called and Sarah and I are going to her open house this Friday. Her name is Alice and she is very open to teaching a class anytime or day of our choosing. I cant wait. this will be neat to add one more type of rug making to my list. I want to make a practice piece this week and just get the feel of the how it works.
My son got to come home this weekend for a 3 day pass, today is laundry day and then he gets back on the bus for 12 days, he will be home sometime on Easter for 4 days then back for training. He is trying to do everything and see everyone during these 3 days. Not easy.
My running is going good, I walked with Sarah twice this week for 1.2 miles each. and was able to run on the treadmill for 8.2 and 8.3 miles on Friday and Sunday. I am trying to build up that Cardio, My son said that I am running father than some of the guys in his unit can run. I have seen articles that say older runners do better, I think its because we are more dedicated to it.
Last night Sarah came over and helped me install EQ 5 on the sewing computer, I need to get busy learning it. Sad to say that I have had it for maybe 6-7 years and have never used it. Maybe now that I am not working I will learn it.
No pictures this week. maybe if I get my part one of the BOM finished today I post the pic, I also want to get a picture of Sarah and I walking, and of course our walking buddy, Max!
Thats all for now, Here's hoping for a productive week for all !

No comments:

Post a Comment