Wednesday, March 18, 2009

From My House

  Ok, I have not blogged for too long. I have plenty to tell its just that I keep filling my days with new projects and then I am looking for the lost minutes of the day. 
  The socks I have put them away because I got to a point that is hard and such is my pattern to put things down when they get hard, I will get it back out soon and give it a go again. 
  I have two afghans at my chair that I am working on, the first is a University of Kentucky flag for my son and the other is a breast cancer ribbon flag. I was telling my husband that this is my afghan time of the year, I love to watch basketball and it seems that crocheting is my craft for the multi task time.  I am also thinking I might start a Ohio State flag one. 
  I have about 3 quilts going right now I finished the Victory Quilt, but started a new one. I have the Barn Quilt that I am still working on the last two weeks in the month, and I picked up quilt blocks that I started a year or more ago and really put the gas on that one, The pressure is on because I want to give it to the quilt club for auction this fall. The blocks are finished and yesterday at class I squared up so this week I will get the rows together and hopefully I will put it all together, I ask a new quilt club member that is just getting started in long-arming if she would like it for practice, and she agreed to do it for me!  I went to a quilting class a few weeks ago and started a Chop Suey quilt, I haven't touched it since the class. Now I am not going to tell you about all the other projects that I have kits for and printed patterns for and sorted fabric for...except for the new mystery quilt that I am starting today. https://www.susanclaire.com/
  I follow this Designer on Twitter, she is from New Zealand, this is the first time of joining in a sew-along online and I am excited. So excited that even at the late hour last night I was picking fabric.( will explain about the late night. too funny)
  Ok, So the third Tuesday of the month is a long quilting day, I have class till 3pm and then head to quilt club at 530pm.  Club usually last till about 830-845 pm. as it did last night. when we got back to the rendezvous spot, one of the girls found a flat tire on her car. Well she was going to call her sick husband to come out and change that tire, I was going to call my husband to come up, but then brave Sarah said..."Cant we just change it", well let me tell you fun ensued.
 Here we were, 4 mid-lifers and a car manual using the headlights from another car. this happened on the driveway of our quilt shop owners home so thankfully her husband was there and help get the lug nuts off that had just been put on a week before with a hydraulic tool. but I have full confidence that we would have gotten it between the 4 of us had he not been there. Let me say that it was much fun. and if stuck on a island I know who I want with me...these other 3 women! So it was almost 11pm when I rolled into my garage but most of that time we was talking and laughing. I was so keyed up that I picked fabric for the above mystery quilt and caught up on online things. Sleep came and went in about 4.5 hours, as I still woke up at normal time without alarm. 
  I am planning on cutting blocks for the above mystery quilt, setting a quilt together, getting more yarn for my afghans, going to visit two friends and oh maybe cooking dinner tonight, I think I need more coffee to get this all done. And I have been in front of this computer since just before 545am. time to get a move on.
  Oh wait, Gotta tell about my running.  Last week I was able to run for 15 minutes straight each time I worked out, so this week I tried 20 minutes and I was able to do it. So shhh, should I say it in writing, I am turning into a RUNNER! Can you tell I am excited. lol (ok thats all for now)
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog update. Who knew a flat tire could be so much fun. Just goes to prove it's not so much what you do but who you do it with. Keep up the good work training and you will soon be adding another discription to your profile. RUNNER.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a riot Sarah, now we know you just cant buy that kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete