Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Being productive

  I had a very busy week of last. I spent more time out shopping than I have ever done! I had a blast but now I have to get my focus on...lol (Sarah) 
  I cut fabric for my Foolish Goose track and made block two without much trouble. But I had issue with block three, I cut wrong and went to the fabric store for new fabric, then I started the Flying Geese and wow, they did not have a point on them. So after much thought, I went back to the fabric store and bought Eleanor Burns ruler, and more fabric. came home and spent Saturday and Sunday, sun-up to sun-down working on block three. and finally 12 full blocks and 6 half blocks completed. phew!
  I spent yesterday working on the 3 wall hanging's for the quilt club prizes. I made a small dent in those. I will continue to work on that for this week, 
  I walked several time with Sarah last week, and didnt get on the treadmill the whole week. Well yesterday I went down and did a great workout, I was afraid I had lost my cardio but it was fine. Then last night my son called and said that he had gotten permission from commanders, that he is able to run The Flying Pig Marathon on Sunday the 3rd of May, which is the day before he is to deploy. So the slacking is over!! I must get my conditioning boosted to 13.2 miles per time. I plan to use the walk with Sarah as a warm-up and then come home and jump on the treadmill...let's see if this works. 
  The girls that I talk with on twitter is making two quilts for our sports granny, she does not sew and loves to hear about our adventures with fabric, her daughter has begged her to sew and she wont have any of it! So several of us are making blocks and they will send them to me and I will set them together and get the quilts ready for gift giving. This is going to be much fun, our friend knows about the quilt for her daughter but not about the one for herself. So this morning I am going to class and need to pick some fabric for 8 blocks. I haven't even pick the blocks yet but I am sure something will come to me. 
  I am very excited that on Friday of last week I went to a grand opening of a Rug Hooking cottage. it was very nice and she offers classes, So a few of us are set up to take class on Friday this week, I cant wait! this is going to be such fun. My favorite thing to do...take a class and learn a new fiber craft! 
  Ok, so last week I cooked, shopped, walked, sewed, crocheted and...oh I cant think of anything else. Below is the two blocks that make up part 2 and 3 of my Foolish Goose Tracks, Burning the Midnight Oil BOM ( not shown is the 1/2 blocks for part three will post later)










1 comment:

  1. OK! No more Shopping Marathons, but you gotta promise short runs every now and then. You are doing great on the goose tracks, can't wait to see more. I will help on the quilt club wall hangings, just let me know what I can do. Let's walk again soon.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete